Agenda for the 7th Meeting of the UK Paediatric Colorectal Group
Please note this meeting is for UK consultants and senior trainees with an interest in colorectal only.
Chair: Ian Sugarman
1. Arrival from 9.30am (Coffee and Pastries)
2. Welcome 10.00am (IDS)
3. Administrative issues (Richard England – outgoing Secretary)
- Selection of the new Secretary
- Meetings in 2018 – Dates/site
- Any suggestions for changes to format of Meeting / Group
- Update on website, online discussion and document repository
- NICE Peristeen Consultation. UKPCG report. (RJE)
4. Presentations 10.30-13.00
a) The GOS Cloaca Clinic: Abraham Cherian and Joe Curry (45 mins)
b) Approach to stratifying cloaca patients, tissue engineering and tissue expansion projects – Jonathan Sutcliffe and guest speaker (30 mins)
c) Research – non-neuronal cells that effect motility – Jonathan Sutcliffe and guest speaker (15 mins)
12.00 Coffee break
d) Case presentations – please submit to Ian Sugarman at email@example.com
1. An unusual cause of large bowel obstruction
Afternoon Session 14.00- 15.30:
Chair: Mr Jonathan Sutcliffe
5. IBD Surgery
a) The changing face of surgery in children with IBD – the Leeds experience.
Ian Sugarman (25 mins)
b) The Adult experience of IBD surgery.
Dermot Burke (Adult Colorectal Surgeon, LTHT) (45 mins)
c) Dilatation and stent placement in stricturing Crohns disease – three cases.
Ian Sugarman (20mins)
15.30 -Closing Remarks (RJE)
Post meeting – BAPS Winter Council, 4.00-7.00pm, LGI
8th December – BAPS Winter Meeting, joint with BSPR – venue – ‘The Studio’ Leeds