BAPS endeavours to support its members in their professional lives. We are a registered charity founded in 1953, with a permanent office currently situated with all the other surgical sub-specialty associations, at the Royal College of Surgeons of England in London. We have members in 73 countries around the world.
We endeavour to keep you up to date with courses, events, publications, research papers and other news items relevant to paediatric surgery.
The directory is a way of bringing your area of specialisation to a wider audience. You can add referral details for your private practice, or your NHS practice to enable Parents and GPs to make referral decisions.
Members are now able to register for the congress at the lowest rate since before 1998.
Fellowships & Grants
BAPS holds funds for a Research Fellowship, and several travel grants. The Hugh Greenwood Travellling Fellowship is only open to BAPS members.
We have several audits running in conjunction with BAPS-CASS, and in addition, members can participate in smaller audits and surveys. We also have new audits coming on line in conjunction with Dendrite.
Members have the opportunity to contribute items and make comments on the website.
We aim to:
- Support paediatric surgeons in their professional practice
- Support the advancement, study, practice and research into paediatric surgery
- Maintain links with sub-specialist Associations and other groups within paediatric surgery
- Liaise with the surgical and Royal Colleges, the professions allied to medicine, other relevant professional bodies and Government.
- Foster professional relations with paediatric surgeons around the world.
Members benefit include a discounted rate at the annual scientific meeting, discounts on books from Wisepress, and for trainees, a day and a half dedicated to trainee issues at the annual congress (with a heavily discounted registration rate). We hope members will also make full use of the BAPS website for up to date information.