You can apply to join the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons for the first time using this form. BAPS membership is annual, you get 12 months membership from your date of application.
How long will it take?
This application form will normally take 15 minutes to complete, provided you are ready with the following information to hand:
- Your contact details which can be personal or your place of work
- Your bank details or a credit card
- Details of any qualifications you have and the year you gained them
- Have defined which membership grade you require from the list provided
- A short written biography on your previous experience
- A picture of yourself in a gif, jpeg or png format (maximum file size 8mb)
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae in PDF format
Referee to support your application
You will be asked to select an existing Consultant member as a referee to support your application. They will be contacted asking to confirm who you are. You will also be required to upload your Curriculum Vitae in PDF format (the file should be no larger than 8MB).
Paying by Direct Debit
Direct Debit is the most convenient way to pay your membership subscription – Direct Debit gives you peace of mind that your subscription is continuous, automatically renewing each year.
Please note that Direct Debit is only available to members who hold a UK bank or building society account.
How long will my application take to be approved?
We review all new applications at an Executive Committee meeting – this process can take up to 4 weeks depending on when your application is received.