The Travel Fellowship is an annual award for young surgeons from low-or middle-income countries to attend and experience the educational and networking opportunities of the APSA Annual Meeting.
The fellowship includes:
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to and from the APSA Annual Meeting
- Lodging during the APSA Annual Meeting
- Full registration for the APSA Annual Meeting
- A stipend of US $200
- The opportunity to give a 5-10 minute presentation to APSA membership on his/her background, current practice and future goals.
- The opportunity to participate in an extended fellowship of 4-6 weeks for specialized observership/training opportunities in an area of pediatric surgery where the candidate intends to focus
- A complimentary subscription to the APSA Pediatric Surgery NaT for a period of one year. NaT is APSA’s award-winning web and mobile resource for the general surgical care of children.
Click here to view the eligibility requirements.
View and download the Personal Statement Form. This form must be uploaded with all other requested documentation.
Click here to begin an application. Once on the new page, scroll down to ‘Other Programs.’
Applications are due January 31, 2018.