you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘British Association of Paediatric Surgeons’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, 35-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PE. Our registered charity number is 325122, registered in England and Wales. The term «you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Your BAPS Membership Fee:
You can pay for membership with a single annual payment, or a monthly Direct Debit – both options cost the same.
If you’re a new member paying by monthly Direct Debit, your welcome letter will include your payment details.
If you’re an existing member, you’ll find the payment information in your renewal letter.
Please note, junior membership can only be paid for with a single annual payment.
Refunds on membership fees:
By making an application for membership you are agreeing to take that membership for at least one year. Once your membership application has been approved your membership subscription will run for a full calendar year from the date of approval.
For all payment methods we will write to you shortly before the end of your membership year and you will be given the opportunity at that point to tell us if you do not wish to renew your membership for the following year.
Failure to Pay Your Membership Fee:
If you fail to pay the membership subscription or any instalment due within seven days of the date set out in the payment schedule, we will write to you and give you the opportunity to either pay that instalment, or pay all instalments due for the remainder of your membership year, by alternative means.
If you then fail to pay the relevant amount due by the required date, we will write to you again to
ask you to pay all instalments due for the remainder of your membership year.
Unfortunately, if you then fail to pay this amount by the required date your BAPS membership
membership will immediately be closed.
Please note that these provisions will not apply if your failure to pay is due to bank or BAPS error.