Applications are open! Deadline is June 14th, 2022 for international students and June 21st, 2022 for domestic students.
Our graduate programs are innovative, online programs focused on the global burden of unmet surgical care. Learners will build on their health-care related disciplines to gain the fundamental knowledge, critical thinking tools and practical skills needed to lead the way to improved access to care by addressing the gap that exists between surgical need and the equitable provision of safe surgical care in low resource settings.
- The Graduate Certificate in Global Surgical Care (GCGSC) is a 12-credit certificate program consisting of 4 courses designed to meet the growing need for professional development in global surgical care.
- The Master of Global Surgical Care (MGSC) is an online two-year, 30-credit specialized program consisting of 8 courses designed to prepare surgical care professionals from many disciplines to address surgical challenges and contribute to solutions in low-resource settings globally. The MGSC includes the option to complete a specialized stream in Canadian Low Resource Settings, focusing on the unique issues affecting surgical care in rural and remote low resource settings in Canada.
By expanding students’ knowledge of conditions, and global circumstances, that shape surgical care globally, graduates will become leaders in this emerging academic discipline and equipped to play an integral part in provision of global surgical care in low resource settings. Our programs build capacity within the field of surgery for provision of care in low-resource settings.
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Analyze global barriers to surgical care in underserved populations to foster solutions.
- Critique programs of disaster mitigation and contribute to disaster readiness.
- Provide leadership in global surgical care, including in areas of care delivery, education, infrastructure development, and research
If you have any questions, please send BGSC an email at [email protected].