Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
Kings College Hospital, London
With the establishment of Major Trauma Centres in the UK; trauma-care in children has now become an integral part of the paediatric surgical scene in many centres.
BAPS has recognised this with the setting up of the Trauma Special Interest Group (TSIG) to bring together like-minded paediatric surgeons from each Major Trauma Centre in the UK.
The Terms of Reference are:
- To use the BAPS website as a platform for communication to its members including dissemination of information from National and Regional Paediatric Trauma working groups.
- To work collaboratively and by sharing expertise to enhance the care of paediatric trauma patients.
- To facilitate collaborative research and education.
- Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow – James Andrews
- Royal Hospital for Children, Edinburgh – Phil Hammond
- Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children – Irene Milliken
- The Great North Children’s Hospital, Newcastle – Elizabeth O’Connor
- Leeds Teaching Hospital – Christopher Parsons
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool – Fiona Murphy
- Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital – Fraser Horwood
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital – Liz Gavens
- Nottingham Children’s Hospital – Richard Hill
- Noah’s Ark Childrens’s Hospital, Cardiff – Eniola Folaranni
- Oxford Children’s Hospital – Merrill McHoney
- Addenbrookes Children’s Hospital, Cambridge– Anna Long
- The Royal London Hospital – Stewart Cleeve
- Chelsea & Westminster Imperial College NHS Trust, London – Nic Alexander
- St George’s Hospital, London – Dean Rex
- King’s College Hospital, London – Erica Makin
- Bristol Royal Hospital for Children – Catherine Bradshaw
- Southampton Children’s Hospital – Ori Ron
- Children’s Hospital Ireland, Dublin – Sinead Hassett
Paediatric Advanced Trauma Simulation Course
(Barts Health Simulation Centre – multi- speciality simulation course)
Next Course dates –
- 9th-10th Nov 22
- 10th-11th May 2023
- 9th-10th Nov 23
Paediatric Advanced Cadaveric Trauma Surgery (PACTS)
- 23rd-24th Nov 2023
Curated by Prof Mark Davenport