National Institute for Health and Care Excellence are currently recruiting for members to join a Quality Standards Advisory Committee (QSAC) to support the delivery of the library quality standards topics. NICE quality standards are a set of concise, prioritised statements and associated measures that focus on topics relevant to health and/or social care. Quality standards describe high-priority areas for quality improvement in a defined care of service area.
NICE are looking to appoint a number of standing members with the following backgrounds/expertise:
- Commissioners of health and social care services (such as those from clinical commissioning groups of local authorities)
- Social care professionals (such as those from local authorities, volutary sector, private sector and working in adult or children’s services.
- Public health professionals (including those working in local authority, NHS settings or Public Health England)
- Experts in measurement
- Secondary care managers (such as clinical service managers)
- Experts in patient safety
Information on the posts can be found on the NICE website
The deadline for applications is 5th December 2013 at 5pm