Our Web Team comprises:
Editor: Honorary Secretary, Evelyn Peng Ong
Evelyn also writes our monthly newsletter, Council and Executive Meeting Agendas. With Shan, Evelyn ensures the web content and supporting documents tie in with the newsletters.
Webmaster: Shan Teo
Kate Billington also adds content to the website, but this is largely Shan’s role.
Designated members who have volunteered to highlight news about their sub-specialty. We currently have Alex Cho looking after Urology and Yew-Wei Tan looking after GI. If you are interested in getting involved and representing your sub-specialty please get in touch with Evelyn.
Additionally, our President, Professor Davenport:
We also welcome content from our members
To submit content or share ideas, please email Evelyn Ong who will oversee content editorially and Shan Teo who will prepare and upload it. If you are submitting content, please include as much information as possible as well as pictures.
How we create the web pages
Once content has been received and approved editorially, our web pages are created by Shan. Our website is created in WordPress and Shan will:
- prepare and format the content and pictures
- add links and resources to the web page
- ensure the new content resides in the correct area of the website (it should follow a logical structure)
- optimise the content for search (so search engines can rank the content)
- where appropriate, Shan will also promote the content on Social Media, encouraging followers to look at the full article on our website