Please note this programme replaces the face to face Study Day which was due to take place in March 2020.
All sessions to start at 6pm and end at 7pm. There will be a 45 minute talk followed by a 15 minute Q&A.
We plan to make recordings available to registered attendees after each session
This programme is designed to provide mutual support and a safe place to ask questions and expect honest answers. We have all been there and it is a steep learning curve. We hope that we can provide some mentorship for new appointees as well as practical advice and professional support to consultants within 8 years of their first appointment.
Registration is now open to our members but please register in advance to obtain the meeting link or link to selected recordings.
- October 6th The ABCs of Job-planning and contract negotiation – Sam Wakeford, BMA
- October 13th When things go wrong. Managing the situation and yourself. – Katherine Grant (Medical Protection Society)
- October 20th Updates in the law for paediatric surgeons – Robert Wheeler
- October 27th Becoming a Consultant and your finances – Andrea Sproates, Head of Chase de Vere Medical and Phil Bowler, Business Development Manager
- November 3rd Burnout and how to avoid it – Evelyn Ong and Amy Naylor
- November 10th New consultants. How should they be integrated into safe clinical practice? – Joe Curry
- November 17th Changes to training. What now!! – Liam McCarthy
- November 24th Getting yourself up and running in clinical research as an NHS consultant – Mark Davenport
- December 1st Mentoring – David Drake