Please submit applications to our CEO, Ian Sugarman by email [email protected].
For guidance on numbers of delegates and the format for the Congress please refer to the document BAPS Congress Specification which you can download here (34kb doc),
Questions to ask Congress venue:
- staging: we need a stage in the main lecture hall and will this cost extra
- slide preview room and technical support – cost
- traffic light/timing device
- poster boards
- furniture for catering/exhibitors
- branding; what branding opportunities does the venue offer and the costs involved (or can we provide this)
- security: will this be an extra cost
- manned cloakroom
- please including maps, building and room layout drawings and room capacities
- Transportation: accessibility via air (including what international flights are available), rail, road.
- Where is the site in relation to the rest of the city, hotels etc ie will transport be required?
- Summary of cultural highlights
- Any knowledge of Council involvement?
- Supply a range of hotels for different budgets including rates
- Is there an associated University/College with room availability
- Is there a nearby hotel suitable as a designated Congress hotel for keynote speakers to be accommodated and to act as a hub for meetings?
- Professional staff ie what will congress centre provide
- What support will be provided from local BAPS members to liaise, pursue local sponsorship, provide local knowledge.
- Congress Centre
- Tea and Coffee during congress
- Welcome Reception
- Business Meeting Lunches & Coffee
Please also give an indication of likelihood of attendance and conference programme participation:
Any other information the submitting group want to pass on to help with their application.
Factors that will be taken into consideration in evaluating conference proposals will include:
- cost most importantly
- cost of travel for delegates
- convenience of travel for delegates
- level of support locally
- attractiveness as a travel destination
- previous congress locations