University Medical Center Groningen, the Netherlands, Department of Surgery
With growing clinical and research activities we are looking for a Paediatric Surgeon. Both certified (junior) paediatric surgeons and young general surgeons are invited to applicate.
You have the opportunity to join a team of five enthusiastic paediatric surgeons, the section of Paediatric Surgery at the University Medical Centre Groningen (UMCG), part of the department of Surgery, one of the largest academic surgery departments in the Netherlands. We run our daily clinical practice in the Beatrix Children’s Hospital inside the walls of the UMCG. There is close cooperation with other general surgery specialties, paediatrics, national as well as international.
The University Medical Center of Groningen (UMCG) is a large 1.300 bed university hospital, serving a region containing one fifth of the Dutch population. All types of advanced medical care are performed, including heart, lung, liver, small bowel, pancreas and kidney transplantation. Other spearheads are: pediatrics, oncology and acute care. As a tertiary referral centre we are performing a broad range of paediatric surgery. In patient care and research we now focus on hepatobiliary-, colorectal- , neonatal abdominal surgery and intestinal failure. Recently we opened the doors of an ultramodern anorectal physiology laboratory. We are involved in the European Pediatric Surgical Audit, as part of the Dutch Institute for Clinical Auditing, which registry has started in the Netherlands two years ago.
– Depending on your experience you may strengthen our team as a consultant paediatric surgeon or as a fellow in paediatric surgery.
– You participate actively and with pleasure in research, training and teaching.
What do we need
– We are interested in eager young (paediatric) surgeons, with good communicative skills.
– Specific knowledge and research experience in the above stated focuspoints are welcome, but no absolute necessity. Technical-surgical and social skills are.
– You participate actively and with pleasure in the education of medical students, residents and fellow surgeons.
– The applicant should be capable and willing to learn the Dutch language.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. This may mean that you must build up enough resistance to Hepatitis B before you can be appointed.Vaccination is provided by the UMCG if necessary.
What do we offer
We offer you a salary depending on your professional qualifications and relevant experience. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget. The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
At least as important as a pleasant working environment is a pleasant living environment. Groningen is a thriving cultural and university city, but one which also offers peace and space. We can assist you to find a good home, childcare and/or schools. The Groningen area has an international school.
Applying for a job
You can apply until 31 October 2016.
Immediately after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.