The Children’s Advanced Trauma course is a multidisciplinary course held at Sheffield Children’s Hospital. Applications are being sought from middle grade doctors in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Paediatric Surgery and Anaesthetics. Applicants must have provider status in APLS (or equivalent).
Day 1 (lunch provided)
- AM: Lectures on the essentials and tips of how to manage and lead in major/ polytrauma in children. Interactive sessions allowing the candidates to discuss the priorities, dilemmas and latest developments in trauma resuscitation. Skills marketplace including splinting, chest drains and emergency room thoracotomy.
- PM: Immersive simulations and debriefs.
- Evening: Course meal for candidates and trainers (Included in course fee)
Day 2 (lunch provided)
- AM: Lectures on specific trauma categories including head, spine, abdomen, chest and limb trauma, difficult situations and investigations in major trauma.
- PM: Immersive simulations and debriefs
How to book and further information
For further information, please email [email protected]