This half day course aimed at senior clinicians, responsible officers, clinical directors, medical directors and clinical leads, focuses on managing doctors in difficulty and difficult doctors.
Through national updates, case studies and in depth interactive sessions, this course will support you to identify concerns early, diagnose the issues and ensure effective intervention and support doctors who are experiencing difficulty or demonstrating difficult behaviours.
By the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the requirements of the GMC in identifying and managing trainees with difficulties.
- Identify those features which may indicate a trainee with difficulties.
- Describe the possible barriers to intervention.
- Follow formal processes and procedures required when managing trainees with difficulties.
- Address trainee issues and problems more confidently.