This practical course involves two days of intensive surgical training, allowing you to develop your skills in managing a range of neonatal and infant conditions.
Using animal tissue models for bowel anastomosis plus plastic jigs, you will gain invaluable hands-on experience. Experienced faculty will provide interactive tuition and feedback throughout each session.
This course is suitable for: ST3-8 and SAS grades.
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Perform a range of bowel anastomosis including end to back
- Carry out a Stamm gastronomy and Pyloromyotomy
- Demonstrate the skills required to prepare discrepant bowel in an intestinal atresia
- Carry out a duodenal atresia repair
- Discuss the options for laparotomy and perform an ileostomy
- Propose options for management of obstruction in the pelviureteric junction (PUJ)
- Review treatment of Vesico-ureteric reflux (VUR) through ureteric reimplantation
- Perform a repair of an oesophageal atresia
- Review the strategies for the management of the long gap atresia