Interactive sessions designed to encourage independent thinking in preparation for consultancy. Delegates will have the opportunity to practice leadership and training skills in small group sessions. In addition there will be larger group lectures on non-clinical topics designed to promote ideas that could help in the consultant application process and in their future careers.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a non-clinical programme that helps delegates prepare for becoming a consultant
- To provide taster sessions of more established courses run at RCSEd
- To introduce delegates to the regional surgical advisor network and trainees’ committee of the RCSEd
Delegates will be able to:
- understand the role of a consultant surgeon including business planning, appraisals, management and reduction of risk
- have a greater understanding of leadership and training
- improve their interview skills
For further information, please see the College website.