The Children’s Surgical Forum is a Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS) committee with membership and work involving a wide range of stakeholders including professional associations, patient representatives and the Department of Health.
The main objectives of the forum are to:
- formulate guidance on matters relating to the provision or delivery of children’s surgery.
- collaborate with other Royal colleges, specialty associations and statutory bodies to develop a more integrated approach to healthcare planning and provision for children and young people.
- support the bodies involved in delivery of children’s surgical care by acting as a central resource.
- enable the College to respond promptly and constructively to concerns relating to the provision of surgical care to children, at a national or local level.
- promote involvement in external policy development by fostering communication links with relevant stakeholders (e.g. DH, Trusts, commissioners, etc.)
- promote involvement in external policy development by fostering communication links with relevant stakeholders (eg. DH, Trusts, commissioners, etc)
- provide quality information to professionals, parents and children on issues surrounding surgery.
Related Links https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/standards-and-research/standards-and-guidance/service-standards/childrens-surgery/